Real Human Skeleton With Carrying Case
We believe education is the greatest gift osteology can share and that every human specimen can contribute to the advancement of science. These specimens are provided to us by retired physicians, medical researchers, dental professionals, and former university medical programs. We also work with accredited donor programs. A small sample – often antiques that simply do not qualify for medical/research grade usage – are made available to osteology enthusiasts worldwide so that they may continue to educate and inform.
Humans are characterized by their bipedal locomotion, high manual dexterity, intelligence, and heavy tool use compared to other animals. Modern humans are believed to have evolved from their early hominid predecessors between 200,000 and 300,000 years ago. Fossils of the earliest members of our species, archaic Homo sapiens, have been found exclusively in Africa. The adult human skeletal system consists of 206 bones, including the individual bones of the skull but not the teeth.
- This is a composite skeleton
- The hands are wired and the feet are loosely strung
- The sacrum has been sculpted
- The skull contains 31 teeth
- Calvarium cut with a spring-held jaw
- Skull Length 20.1 cm (7.9 in.)
- Skull Width 12.6 cm (5 in.)
- Skull Height 15 cm (5.9 in.)
- Case Length 32 cm (12.6 in.)
- Case Width 66 cm (26 in.)
- Case Height 20 cm (7.9 in.)